Monday, June 09, 2008

iPhone 3g


The most impressive improvement in the new iPhone3G is the higher speed data capabilities. According to Apple battery life is no longer a problem with this upgrade. Almost as impressive is built in GPS which allows for location based applications. This opens up exciting possibilities like finding nearby businesses and turn-by-turn navigation. Also finding nearby contacts. Really cool is location stamps for photos taken with the iPhone which you can instantly send to a Blog.

All this power and the iPhone3G is still a pretty face! The new iPhone is scheduled to go on sale July 11th.

Go to Apple.com and be sure to watch the keynote address for lots more!

Update 6/13/08: Over the last several days there seems to be a building resentment towards Apple and AT&T regarding the $10 increase for the 3g data service. I, for one, say GET OVER IT! I'm pleased that AT&T is spending a lot of cash to upgrade their data service and I'm willing to do my part to help pay for it. I would pay even more for faster service. I would love to be able to get rid of my cable modem once and for all. So I say FULL SPEED ahead AT&T. Now, just allow my iPhone3g to operate as a WiFi Hotspot out of the box so I can share the 3g data connection with nearby computers and I'm happy (there are ways to hack this already)! 

No comments: